Friday, November 12, 2010

Dear Diary 11/12/2010

Dear Diary...

Today while sitting in the Dunkin Donuts drive through, I was waiting for two middle aged women to figure out how to ring up my order of a single Ice Coffee and I thought to myself... They are middle aged women working at Dunkins with teenagers - How did they get there?  How did they get to the point of being in their late forties, waking up and putting on their, burnt coffee smelling, uniform - coming into work to make iced coffee and bagging donuts?  Every person has a story, every person has a situation that gets them to where they are in their lives at this very moment in time.  As I drove off, I thought to myself where do I want to be a year from now - and while in this position do I want someone to see me and think to themselves, "how did she get there?"  I need to focus more on where I want to be and not where I have been or who I was. 

Anyways - Thanks-giving and Christmas are coming. Around this time every year I think to myself, I wish I had children.  I wish I had a house, where a Christmas tree was set to go up the day after Thanks-giving and the kids are excited about making and putting their own Christmas decorations on the tree.  I absolutely love the idea of wrapping and filling the bottom of the tree with gifts and not to mention Christmas Morning...  Now I sleep in and wake up with my hair a mess and sit on the couch with coffee... but if I had children, they would wake me up screaming Santa was here after my husband and I stayed up most of the night waiting for them to fall asleep and us setting up their gifts all over the room knowing how excited they would be... but I would still get up with my hair a mess, drinking my coffee and watching their little faces grinning ear to ear as they open their gifts - only getting a frown when they open their socks...

So much to look forward to but so much to accomplish before I get there...  Its time to start focusing on my future and no longer my past.

Life is so precious - heres to no more wasted time.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment whats on your mind! Also if your going to post Anonymous, type in your name, so we can keep things organized and you dont look like a wuss.