Monday, December 28, 2009

He Makes My Heart Melt...

I never in a million years thought the man of my dreams was real. I, also, never thought the man of my dreams would fall in love with me - for me. Boy was I wrong.

Since I was a young girl, I dreamt of the man I would marry. He was tall and handsome, he was kind hearted, we shared the same humor, his laugh was warming, he was a southern gentleman, and his soul was, for lack of better words, gentle. This man had a personality that could light up a room, people were drawn to him.

Best of all, this man loved me like no other. He thought about me as much as I did him. He loved me to lengths even I didn’t know. He loved me the same the if not more than the day he met me, on our fiftieth anniversary. He swept me off my feet every time he walked in the room. His perfect flaws, his unique thoughts, his characteristics like no other.

For years this man tormented me in my dreams, he was out there, and I wasn’t looking. He was out there and I wasn’t with him. He was out there and I was hiding from him. I always thought he would come for me on a white horse and save me from my doom. What I didn’t realize is, I had to save myself before he would come cross my path.
He crossed my path four months ago, when I least expected it. I knew the first day I met him that he was the one for me, but feared he didn’t feel the same way. His actions, his words, his reactions, his touch - everything I have yearned for my entire life. He crossed my path and our paths became one. Everyday I woke up thinking, he was still in my dreams only to find him kissing me before he leaves for work, or still sleeping right next to me. I cuddle up to his warmth and smile.

Everyone I meet speaks of how great this man is, and I just smile. I think to myself, I have known this man my whole life, he has been the one of my dreams, the one I have searched for. As women tell me how great he is, I smile… thinking I know… I am the luckiest woman alive that falls asleep in his arms pulling me tight to his body. I am the woman that he cares about most. The most amazing man in the world… is in love with - me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment whats on your mind! Also if your going to post Anonymous, type in your name, so we can keep things organized and you dont look like a wuss.